Who We Are
wherever we go.
We believe our world is in desperate need of a church that makes relationships and reconciliation not just a priority, but a way of life. Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church is therefore called to
- Seek what God wants to do in and through us
- Affirm the value of every person without exception
- Respond compassionately to the needs of our neighbors
- Grow in our understanding of who God is in Jesus Christ
- Walk side by side rather than go head to head, pushing beyond boundaries that divide
- Pray together, Play together, Serve together
Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church exists to engage in authentic relationships around an open table, where there is a place for all.
Join us on this mission.
Our Core Values
Our minds and hearts are focused on the words of Christ as an over-arching principle in our existence. Christ has called us to share His love and grace through worship, learning, welcoming, service, and belonging, all in a joyful and inspirational manner.
The loving, worshipping, faithful community known as Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church acknowledges the following core values defining our purpose and existence:
As a centerpiece of our existence we rejoice in the open celebration of God through word, music, prayer, praise, and liturgy with all our heart and being. There is an energetic, contagious joy that we experience and share during our worship opportunities that is carried forward to our daily lives.
Our devotion to education of our children, youth, and adults emphasizes a challenging, critical thinking approach to gaining knowledge and closeness to issues of the day, our faith, the Bible, each other, and Christ. We believe this is a life-long path of continually expanding awareness and understanding. We don’t propose to know all answers, but we do wish to always address questions of faith and community.
We will pour out our attention and devotion to our members, the community, and the world in a way that will encourage us and inspire others to closer relationships and a relationship with Christ. ‘You are always welcome at Canyon Creek’ is not just said, but it is a promise.
Canyon Creek doesn’t exist for ourselves. As Jesus came to serve, so is it our calling to serve others internally and externally. The Holy Spirit inspires us to share God’s love and grace, and we unapologetically insist that we do so. Being intentional about our following of Christ, we have a devotion to reaching out, sharing the gifts that God has granted us.
We will figuratively break bread with one another as our central nature. We belong to God and we belong to one another. At Canyon Creek, family has deep meaning and importance. We focus on the success of one another. There is an inter-generational care with each one of us concentrating on the other.
Presbyterians believe in:
- The sovereignty of God
- The authority of Scripture
- Justification by grace through faith
- The priesthood of all believers
What these statements mean is that God is the supreme authority throughout the universe. Our knowledge of God and God's purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ. Our salvation (justification) is God's generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments. It is everyone’s job, ministers and lay people alike, to share this Good News with the whole world (priesthood of all believers).
Presbyterians have an official mission statement, known as the Great Ends of the Church. They are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
Presbyterians are distinctive in two major ways. They adhere to:
- A pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology
- A form of government that stresses the active, representational leadership of both ministers and church members.