wherever we go.
We believe our world is in desperate need of a church that makes relationships and reconciliation not just a priority, but a way of life. Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church is therefore called to:
- Seek what God wants to do in and through us
- Affirm the value of every person without exception
- Respond compassionately to the needs of our neighbors
- Grow in our understanding of who God is in Jesus Christ
- Walk side by side rather than go head to head, pushing beyond boundaries that divide
- Pray together, Play together, Serve together
Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church exists to engage in authentic relationships around an open table, where there is a place for all.
Join us on this mission.
Presbyterians believe in:
- The sovereignty of God
- The authority of Scripture
- Justification by grace through faith
- The priesthood of all believers
What these statements mean is that God is the supreme authority throughout the universe. Our knowledge of God and God's purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ. Our salvation (justification) is God's generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments. It is everyone’s job, ministers and lay people alike, to share this Good News with the whole world (priesthood of all believers).
Presbyterians have an official mission statement, known as the Great Ends of the Church. They are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
Presbyterians are distinctive in two major ways, adhering to:
- A pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology
- A form of government that stresses the active, representational leadership of both ministers and church members.