Summer Sunday School Schedule
If you would like to experience this live, we meet on Sundays at 9:30am. Check the churchwide Realm Events to get the Zoom link, and email our Realm Help if you have any trouble.
- July 12 - Of Kings and Prophets - A period of Israelite history from King David to the Babylonian exile. Led by Larry Hitchens.
- July 19 - Video - "How the Story of Zacchaeus Teaches Us to Engage with Marginalized People in Our Communities" by John Williams, Chaplin & Director of Church Relations Austin College. Led by Tony Gray.
- July 26 - TED Talk-Racial Injustice a Nationwide Epidemic - How we can raise our standards of racial literacy. Led by Lynn Morrison.
- August 2 - Praying with the Confidence of Jesus - Learning the secrets of successful prayer. Led by Carolyn Adkins.
- August 9 - Earth Care Ministries - Led by Carlene Chambers.
- August 16 - Get Uncomfortable for God's Sake - The discomfort that comes with fulfilling God's call and how our faith can navigate us through it. Led by Brandy Lee.
Summer Sunday School Series
Click on the dates below to view videos of previous classes.
Aug 9, 2020 - Earth Care Ministries, led by Carlene Chambers.
Aug 2, 2020 - Praying with the Confidence of Jesus, led by Carolyn Adkins
July 19, 2020 - "How the Story of Zacchaeus Teaches Us to Engage with Marginalized People in Our Communities" Video by John Williams, Chaplin & Director of Church Relations Austin College, led by Tony Gray
July 12, 2020 - Of Kings and Prophets, led by Larry Hitchens
July 5, 2020 - America the Beautiful, led by John Hurlbert
June 28, 2020 - Creating Safe Places, led by Ellen Dittman
June 21, 2020 - Our Thorny Places, led by Ellen Dittman
June 14, 2020 - Past Pandemics, led by Megan Flores
June 7, 2020 - Full Catastophic Living, led by Harry Hodge
May 31, 2020 - Gratitude, led by Debbie Webb
Mindful Reading List
In response to the request Harry Hodge received for further reading after the class on June 7, he has kindly provided this list.
Full Catastrophe Living - Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness in Plain Engilsh - Henepola Gunaratana (long name but really well written and a great intro!)
Self-Compassion - Kristen Neff (UT Austin prof!)
How to Be an Adult in Relationships - David Richo (many underlines on every page)
The Five Things we Cannot Change - David Richo
My favorite guided meditation app is Insight Timer (can access most content for free)