Fulfilling Our Mission
CCPC is taking bold steps. With the Holy Spirit’s help, we have dreamed a multi-year plan that we believe God has called CCPC to as we seek to fulfill our mission to Build Relationships Wherever We Go, and to serve in the gaps of racial and social injustices around us. Please join us in praying for our Groundwork and Implementation Teams and our church moving forward as we faithfully step into the call.
Many thanks to the members of the Dream Team for their work: Linda Hall, Jenna Royal, Wendy Gray, John Hurlbert, Tim Campbell, Betty Langfitt, Terry Langfitt, Cindy McIntyre, and Rev. Christopher M. Lee.
And also to our Groundwork Team: Hal Denton, Tony Gray, John Hurlbert, Samantha McKenzie, Lisa Seutter, Rev. Andy Odom.
A summary report of the Groundwork Team will be provided soon.
November 27, 2022 "Groundwork Team Presentation"
June 5, 2022 "Dream Team Presentation"
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Luke 4:16-21
He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
Collin County Meals on Wheels
CCPC will serve as a site for regional program expansion supporting Meals on Wheels growth in Southern Collin County and the MOW 3 year capital campaign.
CCPC would provide physical space and volunteers.
As a satellite, meals would arrive at CCPC from Meals on Wheels central kitchen to be distributed in our area.
Matthew 25 Church
CCPC will join many other PCUSA congregations in the Matthew 25 movement. As a Matthew 25 church, CCPC would commit to share our journey. There are no prescriptive requirements.
Matthew 25:31-46 calls all of us to actively engage in the world around us, so our faith comes alive, and we wake up to new possibilities.
* Building congregational vitality by challenging people and congregations to deepen their faith and get actively and joyfully engaged with their community and the world.
* Dismantling structural racism by advocating and acting to break down the systems, practices and thinking that underlie discrimination, bias, prejudice, and oppression of people of color.
* Eradicating systemic poverty by working to change laws, policies, plans and structures in our society that perpetuate economic exploitation of people who are poor.
True Love Church
CCPC will begin a partnership with True Love Church, a multi-racial congregation who specifically serves the unchurched and the underprivileged. The hope is that this relationship will be a meaningful opportunity that:
Supports growing, diverse congregations for both churches
Provides resources and support for TLC
Enriches programs for both churches:
- Men’s Ministry - joint Bible study, fellowship, and projects
- Marriage Ministry
- STIR Collaboration
- Fellowship - selectively promoting specific events for partnership
- Mission – serving together
True Love Church Pastors:
Tony and Zella Tysons
Access to mental healthcare and resources are not available to all people due to a variety of factors such as socioeconomics and demographic challenges.
CCPC will re-establish on-site counseling services to:
- Allow for access to Licensed Professional Counselors when other services become available
- Provide access to play therapist
- Paid for by clients with provisions for reduced rates and pro bono services as needed
CCPC Connects: Community Service Network
Connect #Art - launches a community center for the arts.
Connect #Prep - serves as a resource center to serve the community.
Connect #Aware - serve as hub for safe community conversations, and fellowship opportunities for the larger community.
Connect #Go - create and provide service-based mission experiences, and vocational/internship opportunities for groups.
Want more details?
Groundwork Team June 5 - Nov. 27, 2022
Hal Denton, Tony Gray, John Hurlbert, Samantha McKenzie, Lisa Seutter, Pastor Andy Odom
Implememtation Team - Beginning Dec. 2022
Earl Berner, Ellen Boehmer, Bill Erickson, Linda Hall, Lisa Seutter, Pastor Andy Odom