Infants and Toddlers Curriculum
WEE LEARN CURRICULUM
Weekday Early Education (WEE) Learn, a division of Child Development Education Alliance (CDEA), is dedicated to educating and protecting children. WEE Learn Curriculum is a developmentally appropriate weekday curriculum for Christian settings designed for young children ages birth through Pre-K. WEE Learn is grounded in evidence-based practices. Programs using the WEE Learn philosophy and curriculum work to support children and families. Children’s individual differences and learning styles are considered, as they learn through play and interactions with supportive early childhood teachers to maximize each child’s learning potential. WEE Learn is a curriculum that supports best practice and has been cross-referenced with multiple State’s Performance Standards.
The early years are an important period of development. During these early years, children learn best through active, engaged, meaningful experiences. Through these experiences, young children construct their own knowledge by interacting with their environments and others. Researchers and educators agree that quality early care and education provides an invaluable foundation for later school and work success. Young children need stimulation and nurturing to support appropriate physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development.
Zoo-Phonics - Toddler through PreK Curriculum
Zoo-phonics® is an effective and proven methodology!
- The Animal Alphabet helps children remember the shapes and sounds of the letters.
- Letter sounds are taught before letter names.
- Lowercase letters are taught before capital letters.
- The Body Movement for each Animal Letter helps “cement” the phonemic information into memory.
- The alphabet is taught sequentially, and as a whole entity, “a – z.” The alphabet is not fragmented.
- Short vowels are taught before long vowels.
- Phonemic patterns (at, bat, fat, sat, etc.) are taught first, rather than random word lists (of, it, then, was, etc.)
- The Zoo-phonics® curriculum is fully integrated with other subjects.
Click here for a breif video about ZooPhonics:
Saxon Math - PreK Curriculum
Saxon Kindergarten Math helps teach the foundational skills that children require, including oral counting; recognizing and sequencing numbers; acting out addition and subtraction stories; counting with one-to-one correspondence; identifying and counting pennies, nickels, and dimes; sorting; telling time to the hour; and using a calendar.