Who We Are
Our Next Steps
Come Join Us!
Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church
3901 North Star Road
Richardson, Texas 75082
Worship Sundays at 11a, Thursdays at 7p
Church Office Hours:
Or, by appointment.
When visiting the church Monday through Thursday, please enter through the North Entrance (the doors that face North Star Road).
Our Back Story
OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
On February 22-23, 2014, we celebrated the 50th Anniversary of this great and vibrant congregation. We gathered on Saturday night at the Hilton Ballroom on Campbell Road for a beautiful banquet keynoted by The Rev. John Williams from Austin College. On Sunday, we welcomed back into the pulpit our former pastor, The Rev. Jack Noble, and we received a specially commissioned musical piece in worship. It was a glorious weekend and anniversary year filled with spiritual markers of achievement. We look forward to all that God holds out in front of us for years to come!
Our Senior Pastor History
Jack L. Moore - Organizing Pastor
March 1962 to January 1964
What do Presbyterians believe?
Generally, Presbyterians believe in:
- The sovereignty of God
- The authority of Scripture
- Justification by grace through faith
- The priesthood of all believers
What these statements mean is that God is the supreme authority throughout the universe. Our knowledge of God and God's purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ. Our salvation (justification) is God's generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments. It is everyone’s job, ministers and lay people alike, to share this Good News with the whole world (priesthood of all believers).
Presbyterians have an official mission statement, known as the Great Ends of the Church. They are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
Presbyterians are distinctive in two major ways, adhering to:
- A pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology: God is always re-forming us!
- A form of government that stresses the active, representational leadership of both ministers and church members.